Footpaths and Nature Strips - Applications for use...
Crossover and Crossing Places
All suburban driveways need Council approval as they open onto Council land e.g. the roadway. They also need to cross over Council land e.g. naturestrip or footpath. The proposed location needs to be assessed agains Australian Standard AS2890.1:2004.
There is no cost associated with lodging this application.
There are two options for driveway construction:
- Crossover; is the section of kerb or roadside providing vehicle access to the property boundary.
Where there is a stand-up kerb that needs to be cut and replaced with mountable concrete, Council will provide one 4.5 metre driveway free of charge per suburban property. If a property requires the stand-up kerb to be cut in excess of the 4.5 metres, Council will charge per additional linear metre. Any additional driveway apart from the first one will be charged per linear metre.
Roll-over kerb (angled kerb that doesn't need to be cut), requires Crossover approval to ensure Australian Standards are met.
- Crossing Place - Rural and Suburban; is the section of Council land from the back of the kerb or roadside to the property boundary.
Crossing place applications which include proposed works where there is an alteration to the existing Council land (such as a concrete/paved/gravel driveway) need to provide details of the works and materials.
Please note; Council do not supply the stormwater pipe and materials to construct a rural crossing place free of charge, a quote can be provided.
Please click on the following link to access the application form - Application to Construct a Crossover or Crossing Place
Kerb Cut for Stormwater
Council approval is required to have the section of kerb cut for stormwater downpipe access to the street water table. There is no cost to the applicant for approval or cutting of the kerb.
Please click on the following link to access the application form - Application to have kerb cut (98 kb)
Works on the Nature strip/Footpath/Verge
Property owners be permitted to extend their front gardens into Council footway reserves subject to :
- A 1.5 metre width of land adjacent to the kerb in front of that property be kept free of all obstructions including trees, shrubs and ground cover.
- The one metre strip is to have a suitable surface which is firm and evenly graded. ( Loose surface such as woodchips or loose gravel are not acceptable. )
- In sloping terrain areas where driveways are constructed between the roadway invert and the property boundary, the first one metre section adjoining the road (invert) is to be graded at no more than 1 in 20 from the invert.
Authorisation to Carry Out Works on Roads (includes footpaths, naturestrips, and road reserves)
Donation of Memorial Park and Street Furniture
If you would like to apply to donate City of Victor Harbor Park or Street Furniture, please complete the;
For further information on the application process please refer to the;
For more information or to return completed application forms, please use one of the following options;
Postal: City of Victor Harbor, PO Box 11, Victor Harbor SA 5211
Phone : 08 8551 0500
Fax : 08 8551 0501