Families & Children
Fleurieu Families "Together Building a Better Community" working with families with children 0-18
Early Intervention Home Visiting
- Staff can provide practical and confidential support for families experiencing tough times.
- Our volunteers are people from our own community with an understanding of parenting children, who recognise how difficult it can be, and are interested in spending time supporting families with children.
- Parent Support Workers can provide:
- A confidential person to talk to, to help get things in perspective.
- Information about support and services in the local area.
- Support when attending appointments with community agencies (e.g. school, Centrelink).
- Providing parenting information in the form of groups, courses and information packages on many aspects of parenting
- Working with parents and community to create new resources, projects and services for families
- Connecting parents and caregivers to information, services and community resources
- Support Groups.
- Exploring ways to provide family friendly environments where families can connect to each other and become more involved in their communities, such as:
- Activities, fundays, parenting courses and opportunities for parents to get together.
- Parenting calendars, community service directories and resource kits for parents and caregivers
- Assisting parents to access the services they need
- Raising the importance of the early years of a child’s development and the connection of the family to the wider community.
Fleurieu Families uses a strengths and empowerment approach to build parenting and community capacity. We aim to nurture respectful, trusting relationships that are culturally sensitive and child and family centred.
Links to Other Websites
- Australian Breastfeeding Association - http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/
- Australian Multiple Birth Association - http://www.amba.org.au/
- Parenting SA - http://www.parenting.sa.gov.au/
- National Council of Single Mothers and Their Children - http://www.ncsmc.org.au/
- Playgroup Association - http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/
- National Childcare Accreditation Council Inc - http://www.ncac.gov.au/
- Office for Volunteers - http://www.ofv.sa.gov.au/
- Commonwealth Department of Family and Community Services - http://www.facs.gov.au/
- Child and Youth Health - http://www.cyh.com.au/
- Australian Institute of Family Studies - Stronger Families Learning Exchange - http://www.aifs.gov.au/sf/index.html
- Step Families - www.stepfamily.asn.au